Friday, June 15, 2012

Introduction and Favorites

I remember the first piece of makeup I ever bought. I was 12, and I thought I was the coolest person in the universe because I had Wet 'n Wild lipstick. It was hot pink. I wore no other makeup, just my hot pink Wet 'n Wild lipstick.

In high school, my mother introduced me to department store makeup, but it wasn't until after I graduated from college that I discovered that there were so many different makeup and skin care companies that I had never heard of before. smashbox. Urban Decay. Bare Escentuals. philosophy. I started working for a retailer of these fabulous brands, and now I've been spoiled

In the 5+ years I've been working for this company, I have learned a lot from makeup artists I call friends. I have taught myself a lot of techniques, but I've also learned that I love teaching people about makeup. What works best... how to do certain things... what is an attainable at-home regimen.

So I created Posy Palette. This blog is going to be a lot of things. I will review products, compare products, maybe do some before and after shots. I will do different techniques, share some of my favorite secrets. This blog is for the makeup junkie who wants a fresh opinion... the person who loves makeup but has no idea what to do with it... the person who wants to be an at-home makeup artist like me. Your face is the perfect canvas... and there is so much you can do with it!

Some of my favorite products at the moment (and there will be reviews on these at some point)

Mascara: Benefit's They're Real
Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Paris #27
Foundation: Lancome Teint Miracle
Foundation Primer: smashbox Hydrating Primer
Eye Shadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked2
Blush: tarte 12-hr Blush in Amused

 As you can see... I'm not brand loyal to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment